We are a prominent trader, supplier and manufacturer of Water Apple Plant to our highly esteemed clients. It bruises easily and is highly perishable. It is mostly eaten out-of-hand by children. Water Apple trees bloom and fruit sporadically nearly all year, though somewhat less in summer than at other times. A mature Water Apple tree yields 5 lbs (2 kg) of fruit each season. The fruits are very light in weight because they are hollow, but this is a very small return for a tree that occupies so much space. The fruiting period varies in different parts of India.
- Leaves were used in the perfume industry.
- Water apple good for brain and liver.
- The fruit is regarded as a tonic for the brain and liver. An infusion of the fruit acts as a diuretic. A sweetened preparation of the flowers is believed to reduce fever.
- The leaf decoction is applied to sore eyes, also serves as a diuretic and expectorant and treatment for rheumatism.
- The juice of macerated leaves is taken as a febrifuge. Powdered leaves have been rubbed on the bodies of smallpox patients for the cooling effect.
- The seeds are employed against diarrhoea, dysentery and catarrh.
- It has been claimed that an infusion of roasted, powdered seeds is beneficial to diabetics. The seeds have an aesthetic property.
- The decoction is administered to relieve asthma, bronchitis and hoarseness.
No. 400/A, Navli Road, At & Post Zankharia, PO. Navli, Taluka, Anand, Gujarat, 388356, India